National Art Education Association (NAEA) awarded grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (Cincinnati Art Museum Press Release, September 17, 2015)
Field Guide: Photographs by Jochen Lempert showcases beauty, mystery of nature (Cincinnati Art Museum Press Release, September 16, 2015)
Cincinnati Art Museum Opens New Antiquities Gallery on Oct. 3 (Cincinnati Art Museum Press Release, September 8, 2015)
Cincinnati Art Museum Announces New Board Leaders and Trustees for 2015-2016 (Cincinnati Art Museum Press Release, September 3, 2015)
Sublime Beauty: Raphael’s Portrait of a Lady with a Unicorn makes U.S. debut in Cincinnati, San Francisco (Cincinnati Art Museum Press Release, August 7, 2015)
Event Sales Coordinator - Special Events Office
The Cincinnati Art Museum has an opening for the position of Event Sales Coordinator in the Special Events Office.
Position Description and General Job Duties:
The Event Sales Coordinator is responsible for aggressively selling and increasing facility rentals as a significant source of revenue for the Art Museum. The Events Sales Coordinator is also responsible for assisting in the planning and coordination of both internal and external events while consistently providing excellent customer service to all clients.
- - Planning and coordinating all rental events, working directly with catering, florists, and any other service personnel for an event. Supervising the set-ups for all events. Coordinating logistics of events with departmental event managers,
- Showing facility to potential clients. Answering questions and giving information to potential clients over the phone and in person.
- - Assist chef with tasting demonstrations, planning, and executing event menus and alcohol orders and all final details for events. Assist in the completion of Banquet Event Orders for clients.
- - Promotion of facility for rental. Representing the Museum for bridal shows. Preparing contracts for clients. Issuing contracts to preferred vendors retained. Designing sales kits and promotional information for facility rentals.
- - Creating & issuing work orders. Handling & processing purchase orders, invoices, income, and refunds.
- - Prepare & issue master calendar to entire museum staff. Handling all aspects of facility use and rental by internal committees and affiliated groups, and for internal meetings and events as well. Ordering catering for some events.
- - Follow up and establish contact with all new, returning, and prospective clients interested in planning an event with the Art Museum.
- - Providing and maintaining statistical data on events. Overseeing budget, issuing charge backs to the correct departments.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of related experience. Experience must be in the events sales, hospitality, event planning, or customer service fields. Two (2) years or more of related experience is strongly preferred.
The Events Sales Coordinator must possess excellent customer service, a demonstrated professional appearance and attitude, excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to work well in collaboration with other departments.
Must be flexible to work weekends and night events.
If interested please submit an application including a cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to: Cincinnati Art Museum, Attn: Human Resources Department, 953 Eden Park Drive Cincinnati, OH 45202. Resumes may be faxed to 513-639-2932 or emailed to [email protected]. Position is open until filled. No phone calls please.
The Cincinnati Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.