Chief of Security
The Chief of Security provides leadership and management of all aspects of security functions across the Art Museum. Reporting to the Director of Visitor Experience at the Cincinnati Art Museum, the Chief of Security is responsible for the safety and protection of works of art in the museums against loss, theft, vandalism, or any foreseeable damage. He or she is also responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive security, health and safety, emergency preparedness and fire prevention policies and programs to safeguard the Art Museums’ staff, visitors, and buildings.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Establish unit goals and objectives; develop, recommend and administer policies, procedures, and standards; evaluate unit performance.
· Coordinate and maintain access, security, life safety, closed circuit security camera system.
· Security systems include all Art Museum areas.
· Analyze and recommend additions and changes to all systems.
· Analyze and recommend options for all systems requests.
· Update and maintain computer files and systems for departmental logs, incident reports, and reporting functions.
· Provide staff training on all Art Museum systems.
· Develop and conduct training sessions for Art Museum personnel.
· Maintain schedules of the Art Museum security staff.
· Update and develop reporting and statistical data with monthly and yearly reports.
· Establish and maintain operational relations with Art Museum staff and external vendors.
· Support office staff in providing services to staff, board trustees/ committees, visitors, and vendors.
· Oversees and manages the departmental budgets.
· Use a variety of computer applications and other technology to perform duties.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or GED required. College degree preferred; additional years of related security or law enforcement experience may be substituted for degree. At least 5 years in Security Management needed.
· CPR/ First Aid certification and/ or first responder certification or training desired.
· Excellent customer relations, computer technology, supervisory, and communications skills required.
· Ability to work effectively in a team and independently required.
· Experience with electronic ID and facility-access systems desired.
· Ability to make decisions quickly and in emergency situations required.
· Administrative and supervisory experience in security operations highly desired.
Responsible for the management and supervision of Art Museum Security Supervisors who supervise all Security Personnel. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
General indoor and outdoor campus environment with some evening and weekend responsibilities as needed. Position involves frequent movement, including walking, bending, twisting, lifting, and computer usage involving repetitive hand/wrist motion. Position requires ability to direct departmental activities under emergency and other difficult circumstances.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, salary expectations and the names and contact information of three professional references to:
ATTN: Human Resources Department 953 Eden Park Drive Cincinnati, OH 45202-1596
Fax To: (513) 639-2932
Email To: [email protected]
A review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The Cincinnati Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.