The Art Museum is currently not accepting any Museum Shop Volunteers applications.
The Cincinnati Art Museum Shop relies on dependable, well trained and committed volunteers to staff the shop and reach its sales goals.
- Assist guests with their purchases in the Museum Shop
- Be familiar with Museum Shop merchandise.
- Use the POS system to check out purchases, look up items, etc.
- Assist Museum Shop staff as requested.
- Assist with special events and extra shop needs whenever possible.
- Attend training and educational programs when offered.
- Dues: $15
- All Museum Shop volunteers must be current members of the Art Museum.
- Volunteers are expected to be at the museum for all their assigned shifts or to find a substitute. In the case of a last minute emergency, the shift chair and/or office staff will be notified as soon as possible.
- Museum Shop volunteers are expected to be available for one shift per week on a regular basis.
- Museum Shop volunteers are expected to present a professional appearance to the public and provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Museum Shop volunteers will be required to be proficient on the POS computer system after appropriate training.
- Museum Shop volunteers must have access to email and agree to check for communications regarding the Museum Shop on a frequent basis.
- Museum Shop volunteers are representatives of the Art Museum and must be welcoming and helpful to all visitors, staff, and other volunteers.
- Sign a Code of Ethics form and agree to hold in confidence all information regarding the Art Museum obtained as a result of their volunteer position.
- Museum Shop volunteers are required to attend five training sessions a year (three related to exhibitions and two to merchandising and selling techniques.
- Optional social events are offered throughout the year.
After submitting an application, applicants must also complete a phone conversation and informal interview with the Museum Shop Manager and a member of the Museum Shop Association Board before being admitted to the program.
For more information, please contact Amy Burke at [email protected] or call (513) 639-2953.