Senior Accountant- Finance
The Cincinnati Art Museum has an opening for the position of Senior Accountant in the Finance Department.
Position Description and General Job Duties:
The Senior Accountant is responsible for providing complete, accurate, and timely financial transactions and reporting, as well as having a complete understanding of all job duties of employees in the office. Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Verify Monthly Notes to Board through communication with Department Heads.
• Prepare and issue Board Reports (monthly) including; income statement, balance sheet, and department actuals.
• Review projections submitted by departments and prepare projections.
• Repair and Maintenance Report (monthly). Entering of new vendors into the vendor pay system.
• Manage purchasing cards – new users/credit limits.
• Treasurer’s reconciliation (monthly). Charting of Accounts Maintenance.
• Depreciation Schedule and entry (monthly). Supervision of accounting staff members.
• Administer the accounting system and provide ongoing training on general ledger.
• Review all cash receipts, development and membership batches for accuracy.
• Grant Administration – OAC, Form M, IMLS, NEA, NEH, etc. Surveys – AAM, OCDP, AAMD, Quarterly Surveys, etc.
• Make year-end entries and prepare reports for annual audits.
• Print and review monthly detail for accuracy and verify project ID’s.
• Supervision of accounting staff members in absence of the CFO. Also handles staff questions and provides guidance as needed.
• Prepare entry to correct.
• Assist with the budget process.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
A four-year college degree in Accounting or a related field and four years of experience and/or training in the accounting or finance fields; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have at least one year of previous supervision experience.
Skills necessary: A proven ability to work successfully with others to achieve objectives. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and a good working knowledge of database, word processing, and other relevant computer programs.
Non-profit organization experience and CPA training or certification highly preferred.
If interested please submit an application including a cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to: Cincinnati Art Museum, Attn: Human Resources Department, 953 Eden Park Drive Cincinnati, OH 45202.
Resumes may faxed to 513-639-2932 or emailed to email@example.com
Position is open until filled. No phone calls please.
The Cincinnati Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.