New Art Museum director: Top priority is education (Cincinnati Enquirer, September 12, 2014)
The List: Around Cincinnati (Conversations around American Gothic takes the #3 spot) (The List TV, September 2, 2014)
13 don't-miss events at FotoFocus (Cincinnati Enquirer, September 2, 2014)
Fall Arts Guide: September's picks (Cincinnati Enquirer, September 2, 2014)
How Art Museum landed rare visit of 'American Gothic' (Cincinnati Enquirer, August 23, 2014)
The List: Your Fall 2014 Arts Guide (including CAM's Beyond Pop Art: A Tom Wesselmann Retrospective) (Harper's Bazaar, August 21, 2014)
Director of Marketing and Communication
The Cincinnati Art Museum has an opening for the position of Director of Marketing and Communications. This is a permanent, full-time, and exempt staff position with an excellent benefit package.
The Director of Marketing & Communications of the Cincinnati Art Museum oversees the Art Museum’s activities in the areas of marketing and promotion, internal and external communications, press relations, and development of the organizational brand. The Director of Marketing & Communications will be responsible for strategic planning, budget management, and the oversight of day-to-day operations in each of these areas. As a department head, the Director of Marketing & Communications works cooperatively with the managers of the Art Museum’s other divisions and actively represents the institution and promotes its mission to a broad range of external constituencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with the Chief Administrative Officer and relevant senior staff to ensure that the work of the Marketing and Communications Division will support the Art Museum’s mission and is effectively coordinated with the work of other divisions.
- Supervises and coordinates the work of the Marketing, Advertising/Promotions, and Press Relations/Communications departments to ensure that they operate efficiently and achieve institutional objectives.
- Provides oversight and editorial support for the Art Museum’s website and internal communications web page.
- Prepares annual and multiyear budgets for the Marketing and Communications division and monitors these on a regular basis.
- Develops and implements annual marketing and communications plan designed to promote a positive image of the Art Museum, and enhance awareness of the Art Museum in the city, the region, and among national and international art audiences. Coordinates marketing and promotional activities with the Development and Learning & Interpretation divisions to ensure that they complement the Museum’s membership and community outreach efforts.
- Leads analysis of museum visitors: inclinations, demographics, and levels of engagement with the museum. Builds research-based approach to reach untapped markets and audiences.
- Develops a long-range plan for the Marketing and Communications division and implements this plan in consultation with the Chief Administrative Officer and senior staff of the Art Museum.
- Serves as the staff representative on the Marketing Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Manages any outside agency partners, including communications, PR, or advertising/digital.
- Represents the Art Museum to key external constituencies and works collaboratively with other cultural and educational organizations in the tri-state region.
- Carries out other duties as assigned as Chief Administrative Officer.
M.B.A. or a B.A. in marketing with a minimum of five years’ managerial experience in the field. A prior knowledge of museum or non-profit management is preferred, but is not a requirement.
Excellent managerial, communication and interpersonal skills as well as experience in budget management and institutional planning.
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: Cincinnati Art Museum ATTN: Human Resources Department 953 Eden Park Drive Cincinnati, OH 45202-1596. Email: [email protected]
Position will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please.
The Cincinnati Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.