Open Tuesday through Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed Mondays, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day.
Admission + Parking
General Admission & Special Exhibitions: FREE every day
Parking: $4 per vehicle, FREE for Art Museum Members
* Parking is FREE when you spend $10 in the Terrace Café and/or $15 in the Art Museum Shop.
Download a copy of the Art Museum floorplan here
(You must have Adobe's free Acrobat Reader to view the map.)
General Visitor Tips
- Coat Room + Lockers are available in the Main Lobby. All packages, briefcases, shopping bags, and other excessively large items (larger than 11 x 15 x 4 inches), including recording equipment, must be left in the coatroom in the lockers provided. The Art Museum is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Free Wi-Fi is available in select locations at the Art Museum
- Photography + Sketching
If you see the icon below, please refrain from taking photographs or recording video of the related artwork. These works are protected under US copyright law and it would be a violation of the artist's copyright. You are free to photograph all other works in the collection that are not marked with the no photography icon.
ALSO, PLEASE NO PHOTOGRAPHY IN THE SPECIAL EXHIBITIONS. Exhibition areas will be marked with a designated sign at the entrance to the show.
Professional photography for portraits requires that advance arrangements (at least two weeks in advance) be made with our Special Events Staff by calling 513-639-2347; in addition, there is a $250 location fee for professional photography.
Sketching and Copying
Visitors are welcome to sketch and copy the permanent collection. Pick up free permit at the Visitor Services Desk. Parents/guardians may complete the permit for children sketching in the galleries. It is prohibited to sketch artwork in the special exhibition areas.
Visiting with Families
- Strollers are permitted throughout the Art Museum. A limited number of strollers are also available free of charge, in the coat room off the Main Lobby.
- Family Restrooms are available on the Ground and First Floors of the Art Museum. Diaper-changing stations are available in all restrooms that are wheelchair accessible.
- Stroller Entrance is available via our Dewitt Entrance, past the main entrance and parking lot, on the east side of the museum, near the accessible parking.
Directions + Parking
- Bike Racks are available outside the front entrance of the Art Museum. Hook up to one of our Marcel Duchamp-inspired racks during your visit!
- Accessible Parking is available in our north parking lot, just past the main visitor parking lot and entrance.
- Wheelchair + Stroller Entry is available via our Dewitt Entrance, on the east side of the museum, near the accessible parking.
- Directions to the Art Museum:
The Art Museum is accessible via Metro bus #1. Metro bus schedules are available at the Member or Visitor Services Desks in the front lobby. For further information, please view the schedules
or call MetroCenter at (513) 621-4455. From I-75 N (From Kentucky)
As you cross the bridge from KY to OH, get in the right lane and turn right onto I-71 N ("to Columbus" signs); pass the Stadium, Coliseum, go through the Lytle Tunnel, then get in the left lane to exit at the Reading Rd/Eden Park Dr. exit, get in the right lane and turn right onto Eden Park Dr.; go straight through the next light across Gilbert Ave. and enter Eden Park, stay in the right lane to Art Museum Dr. From I-71 S (From Columbus)
Take the Reading/Gilbert exit (exit #2), stay in the Reading Rd exit lane, get in the left lane and turn left onto Elsinore, go one block, turn left onto Gilbert Ave., at the next light turn right onto Eden Park Dr., stay in the right lane to Art Museum Dr. From I-74 N (From Indianapolis)
Follow I-74 until it becomes I-75 S; follow I-75 S to I-71 N (to "Columbus" signs); pass the Stadium, Coliseum, and go through the Lytle Tunnel, then get in the left lane to exit at the Reading Rd./Eden Park Dr. Exit (Exit #2); get in the right lane and turn right onto Eden Park Dr., go straight through the next light across Gilbert Ave. and enter Eden Park, stay in right lane to Art Museum Dr. From I-75 S (From Dayton)
Follow I-75 S to I-71 N (to "Columbus" signs); pass the Stadium, Coliseum, and go through the Lytle Tunnel, then get in the left lane to exit at the Reading Rd/Eden Park Dr. Exit (#2); get in the right lane and turn right onto Eden Park Dr., go straight through the next light across Gilbert Ave. and enter Eden Park, stay in right lane to Art Museum Dr. From Columbia Parkway (From Mt. Washington-Mariemont)
Go west on Columbia Parkway and turn right on Kemper Ln., turn left onto Luray, turn right onto Eden Park Dr.; at the traffic circle at Mirror Lake, take the second exit to continue on Eden Park Dr., make a left onto Art Museum Dr. From I-471 N (From KY)
Take I-471 N, as you cross the bridge from KY to OH, follow signs to I-71 N, take the Liberty St. exit, turn right off the exit onto Reading Rd, go one block and turn right onto Elsinore, go one block and turn left onto Gilbert Ave., at the next light turn right onto Eden Park Dr., stay in the right lane to Art Museum Dr. From U.C.
Take Clifton Ave. and turn left on McMillan; turn right onto Gilbert Ave., turn left onto Eden Park Dr., stay in right lane to Art Museum Dr. From Downtown
Follow 7th St. over the viaduct where it becomes Gilbert, go up Gilbert Ave., turn right onto Eden Park Dr., stay in right lane to Art Museum Dr.
Programs + Events
Shop + Dine
Accessibility at the Museum
- Accessibility Programs: CLICK HERE for a full list of Accessibility Programs offered at the Art Museum.
- Elevators are located on the First Floor (beyond the Great Hall, with access to the Ground and Second Floors); First floor (near the Terrace Café, providing access to the Second and Third floors); First Floor (near the Asian galleries, providing access to the Third floor)
o A limited number of wheelchairs are available for your use free of charge and are located in the coatrooms near both entrances.
o Wheelchair Accessible Restrooms are available on the First Floor (in the Great Hall); on the Second Floor (in Gallery 213); on the Ground Floor (next to the Fath Auditorium)
o The Art Museum’s Fath Auditorium is wheelchair accessible and equipped with removable seats. Please call (513) 639.2971 at least 24 hours in advance of Auditorium events to be sure the seats are properly removed for your visit.
- Service Animals are welcome in the Art Museum. Please check in with the security guard in the front lobby or at the DeWitt entrance upon arrival.
- For Visitors with Visual Impairments: You are invited to experience the Cincinnati Art Museum’s collection using descriptive language and hands-on activities in a docent- or staff-guided touch tour. Please call (513) 639-2975 for more information or to arrange a tour.
- Assisted Listening Devices are available for your use free of charge in the Art Museum’s Fath Auditorium during lectures and event in that area.
- Sign Language Interpretation:The Cincinnati Art Museum offers monthly ASL tours of special exhibitions, click here for more information. Interpreters may also be provided by the Art Museum upon request for any tour. Arrangements must be made one week in advance by calling our Tour Coordinator at (513) 639.2975.
- Foreign Languages: Tours may be conducted in English, French, Spanish, or German. Foreign language speaking tours must be scheduled at least one month in advance. Please call (513) 639-2975 for more information.
Your general admission to the Cincinnati Art Museum is free every day, made possible by a generous gift from The Richard and Lois Rosenthal Foundation.
Saturday's free admission is made possible by The Thomas J. Emery Free Day Endowment established by Mary Emery in 1906.
Free general admission for children is made possible in part through an endowment established by Cincinnati Financial Corporation/The Cincinnati Insurance Companies. There are charges for certain educational programs.
Starting February 10, 2009, the Cincinnati Art Museum announced that it will no longer charge for special exhibitions and instated a $4 per vehicle parking charge. Art Museum Members and Volunteers receive free parking. School groups receive free parking if they reserve in advance with the Tour Coordinator at (513) 639.2975. Accessible parking spaces and an access ramp are available near the DeWitt entrance (located at the rear of the Art Museum). In general, parking is limited, and at certain events, off-site shuttles are provided to accommodate demand.