First place goes to Annie Rose, a four-year-old English Doodle who is a therapy dog. Even during Covid restrictions, she currently does window visits to nursing homes to cheer local seniors. Annie Rose is also an artist! She paints with a brush modified for her with a tennis ball she can hold in her mouth.
Second place: Sage, a rescued Husky mix who loves to explore Cincinnati.
Third place: Myrtle, who loves to take her sweet time exploring the steps on the Art Climb and going on other urban hikes. (Phil Armstrong's dog! Yay!)
Fourth place: Cooper, who discovered his love for painting on the Art Climb!
Fifth place: Pink Floyd the dog
Sixth place/Honorable Mention for a Hardworking Dog in Local Politics: Mayor Wilbur, a friendly French Bulldog elected mayor of Rabbit Hash, KY.
Submit photos: April 1–18
Vote on your favorites: April 19–29
Winner Announced: April 30
Since the Art Climb opened in Spring 2020, this new civic commons has welcomed more than 265,000 visitors to Cincinnati Art Museum’s grounds and that doesn’t include the thousands of furry friends who have accompanied them!
Now, we want to feature those adorable canine companions! Submit your photos of your dog(s) on the Art Climb on this site through midnight on April 18.
Then, browse all the photos of the champion pups and vote for your favorite from April 19–29. The dog with the most votes wins, so make sure to share your photo on your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) to encourage friends to vote for your pooch!
The Art Climb’s Top Dog will be named on April 30. The winning submitter will receive a one-year family membership to the Cincinnati Art Museum, as well as treats for the canine member of the family.
The contest entrant with the top voted dog photo will win a prize package designed for both humans and canines! Prizes include a one-year family membership to the Cincinnati Art Museum ($75 value), a $50 gift certificate to a local pet supplies shop, and an option for a virtual training session with local dog trainer Lisa Desatnik.
About Lisa Desatnik:
Lisa Desatnik, CPDT-KA, CPBC, is a certified dog trainer with So Much PETential. Lisa began studying Applied Behavior Analysis and how it can help pet owners work through issues more than 19 years ago. She is certified by the leading certifying organization for dog trainers, CCPDT. She is also the first trainer in Hamilton County to earn Fear Free certification; and she is a certified dog bite prevention educator. Lisa is committed to teaching and using the most positive, least aversive strategies in preventing and solving dog and puppy behavior issues. She also offers dog training classes for kids. She is the pet behavior columnist for Hyde Park and Indian Hill Living, and CincyPet Magazine. Learn more about her at www.SoMuchPETential.com.
About the prize:
Win a 90 minute to 2 hour virtual lesson with Lisa using Zoom. You will gain some basic knowledge of how dogs learn and how to have good training mechanics to be a more effective teacher to your pet. You will also practice teaching your dog some basic behaviors. Note that this training lesson is not for solving behavioral issues such as resource guarding, anxiety, fear or aggression. You will be required to sign a standard consent form before scheduling your Zoom call. Some equipment may be needed and will be communicated before the scheduled session.
By submitting image files to Cincinnati Art Museum you indicate your agreement to all of the following terms and conditions.
1. Eligibility. You may only submit materials for which you hold all intellectual property rights. In other words, if you submit a digital image to us, you must own all rights to such image or you must have the authorization of the person who does own those rights.
2. Use of the Files. You acknowledge and agree that Cincinnati Art Museum may use your image in internal and external marketing materials and on social media channels and partner media channels.
3. Disclaimer of Liability. Cincinnati Art Museum accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, expense, cost, or claim; or for any direct, indirect or consequential damages that may arise in connection with your submission to this website or your submission of files.
4. License for Name, Trademarks and Likenesses. You hereby grant to Cincinnati Art Museum a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use all trademarks, trade names, and the names and likenesses of any individuals that appear in the materials. You grant Cincinnati Art Museum the right to use the name that you submit in connection with the materials.
5. Communications. Cincinnati Art Museum may communicate with you electronically and in other media, and you consent to such communications regardless of any "Customer Communication Preferences" (or similar preferences or requests) you may have indicated previously.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Campaign hosted by Cincinnati Art Museum (953 Eden Park Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45202) is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Questions or comments. If you have any questions or comments about this agreement please contact [email protected]