Image Licensing Requests
Images from the Cincinnati Art Museum collection may be licensed for scholarly, editorial, and commercial usage.* Bridgeman Images facilitates all external museum image requests.
Please forward image requests (including artist & artwork names, reason for request, publication date, etc.) to Adrian Gibbs at Bridgeman Images: [email protected]
17-19 Garway Road W2 4PH | London, UK
T +44 (0)20 7908 1630
| F +44 (0)20 7792 8509
Browse the CAM collection at Bridgeman Images.
*Please note that in many cases the Cincinnati Art Museum owns only the physical object, and does not assume responsibility for intellectual property, including copyright, or any other legal issues involved in the publication and reproduction of items in its collection. It is the responsibility of the requester to obtain permission from the copyright owner or administrator where applicable.
Fair Use & U.S. Copyright Act
- This site may be used for educational and personal use that is non-commercial in nature, as outlined by the United States Code (Title 17, Sections 107-118), as long as all copyright and proprietary notices are maintained and materials are appropriately cited.
- For more information on Fair Use please visit the U.S. Copyright Office Fair Use Index.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- The Cincinnati Art Museum complies with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (see 17 U.S.C 512) (“DMCA”).
- The museum may, in appropriate circumstances, remove, disable, or terminate access to any material on or linked to or from this site that it suspects might be infringing upon a third party’s intellectual property rights or other rights.
- The museum has designated an agent for notification of infringement as follows: Nicole Kroger | Web + Digital Media Manager | Cincinnati Art Museum | 953 Eden Park Drive | Cincinnati OH 45202. CAM provides this contact information for purposes of DMCA only and reserves the right to respond only to correspondence that is relevant to the purposes of DMCA compliance.
- If you are a copyright owner who believes the display of your content on this site constitutes copyright infringement, please use the Contact Form and include the following information:
- The date of your notification;
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information sufficient to enable us to locate such work;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and/or email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
College Art Association’s Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for the Visual Arts
- When applicable, the Cincinnati Art Museum abides by the CAA code for museums and downloadable images made available online. Read more about the CAA Code.