The Art Museum is not currently accepting any Visitor Service Aides applications.
Work directly with visitors to ensure they feel welcome, informed about the collections and programs, and have an overall positive experience at the Art Museum. Visitor Service Aides work closely with Visitor Services staff to help meet Art Museum attendance, membership, and other goals. Training is required.
Visitor Service Aides assist visitors in a variety of roles, including greeter, working at the Visitor Services Desk, and helping with off-site events. Once selected, Visitor Service Aides can be trained in all areas or can choose a specific position.
- Welcome visitors to the Art Museum when they enter the front lobby
- Direct visitors to the Visitor Service Desk
- Encourage visitors who are leaving to return, often suggesting a particular exhibition or program for them to consider attending
Service Desk Duties
- Welcome visitors to the Art Museum when they approach the desk
- Assist the Visitor Services staff members with answering visitor questions, handing out maps and other publications, informing visitors about special exhibitions and programs
- Direct visitors to various areas of the Art Museum, including the restrooms, special exhibitions, galleries, library, and Terrace Café
- Occasionally assisting staff with hands-on projects, including mailings and folding maps and brochures
- Assist with outreach events outside and indoors
- Individual assignments and working conditions vary
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
Ongoing Volunteer Training
Visitor Service Aides attend training sessions and meeting each month from September through May in the mornings. Wednesday evening trainings are also occasionally offered. Social events and lunches before or after the trainings are also offered.
- Dues: $20 annually
- Attend a required number of monthly trainings (calculated on an individual basis)
- Weekday and weekend opportunities available, although many social opportunities are held on weekdays
- Shifts: 11am - 2pm, and/or 2 - 5 pm; minimum of one shift per month and a minimum commitment of 1 year.
- Volunteers must sign a Code of Ethics form
- Visitor Service Aides must be at least 18 years of age
- Volunteers must be current members of the Cincinnati Art Museum. To purchase a membership, please call (513) 639-2966 or Click Here
- After submitting an application, applicants must also complete a phone conversation and informal interview with the Assistant Director of Visitor Relations and a member of the Visitor Service Aide Board before being admitted to the program.
For more information, please contact Amy Burke at [email protected]org or call (513) 639-2953.