Visitor Service Aides work directly with visitors to ensure they feel welcome, informed about the general collection, special exhibitions, and programs, and have an overall positive experience at the art museum.
Visitor Service Aides assist visitors in a variety of roles. Weekday and weekend daytime shifts are available with occasional evening shifts available. Schedules are flexible and shift assignments are based on the volunteer’s varying availability.
Ticket Taking (Ticketed Exhibitions)
- Assist with the success of exhibitions by greeting ticket holders and distributing exhibition materials.
- Serve the visitors’ needs in the galleries.
- Encourage visitor feedback via the special exhibition iPad survey.
- Assist visitors in locating other objects of interest or amenities.
Visitor Experience Surveys
- Greet and collect visitor voices regarding the art museum experience, gallery visits, and other art museum programs.
- Assist and engage with visitors in an ambassador type role.
Outreach/Off-site Events/Other Opportunities
- Represent the Cincinnati Art Museum at a variety of offsite locations alongside other Visitor Service Aides or art museum staff members.
- Greet or conduct mini surveys as onsite event needs arise.
Ongoing Volunteer Training
Experience behind the scenes tours of special exhibitions, various perspectives on the Cincinnati Art Museum’s collections and insight into the museum’s operations. Visitor Service Aides attend training sessions on the second Tuesday morning each month from September through May. Social events and outings are also offered throughout the year.
- Capable of working independently and as a team member. The surveying role can be team oriented or independent; the ticket taking role is independent.
- Able to provide a high standard of customer service with clear communication skills.
- Enjoy interacting and connecting with many different types of people and provide welcoming experiences for all regardless of age, culture, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Flexible and easily adapt to change.
- Able to receive important updates via an email newsletter and utilize basic computer skills to sign up for shifts.
- Attend monthly trainings on the second Tuesday Sept-May from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Work a minimum of 24 shifts per year.
- Be willing to work both ticket taking and surveying roles.
- Commit to a minimum of 1 year of service in the Visitor Service Aide group.
- Visitor Service Aides must be at least 18 years of age
- Volunteers must be current members of the Cincinnati Art Museum. To purchase a membership, please call(513) 639-2966 or click here
- Sign a code of ethics agreement upon joining the volunteer team.
- Pay annual Visitor Service Aide dues of $20