Dining at the Terrace Café
The Terrace Café offers a full menu with a variety of soups, salads and sandwiches inspired by works in our collection. A great way to enhance your visit! Enjoy views of the Cincinnati Art Museum’s Alice Bimel Courtyard and seating on the outdoor terrace during warm weather. Art Museum Members receive a 10% discount in the Terrace Café.
Reservations are recommended before visiting the Terrace Café. Please call the café at (513) 639-2986 to make your seating reservation.
Terrace Café Hours
See the Dine In Menu (PDF)
How to Order Your Picnic in the Park
Available 11 a.m.–3 p.m. Tuesday–Sunday. Packages must be ordered 24 hours in advance, by calling 513-639-2986, and can be picked up at the host stand in the Terrace Café on the first floor.
Food and drinks are not allowed in museum galleries.
Picnic in the Park Packages
Cassatt Cuisine Bites, $24
2 Individual bags of Grippo’s Chips
2 Oats and Honey Granola Bars
Hummus Platter - Creamy avocado hummus, roasted red pepper hummus, and classic traditional hummus, served with celery and carrot sticks and herbed pita chips
2 Bottled waters or 2 Soft drinks
Dining with Duncanson, $48
Choice of 2 entrees: all entrees come with Grippo’s chips
- Chicken Salad Sandwich - diced chicken, carrots, chives, celery, lemon aioli, aged white cheddar, lettuce, tomato on a toasted croissant.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich – creamy peanut butter, concord grape jelly on Texas toast bread
- Roasted Vegetable and Hummus Club – Roasted portobello mushrooms, local squash, zucchini, sliced tomato, malanga of sweet peppers and onions, with homemade hummus on multigrain bread
- Terrace Club - honey turkey, double smoked ham, Applewood bacon, white cheddar, chipotle aioli, guacamole, lettuce, and tomato on toasted 9 grain bread
- Cobb Salad - field greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, chives, avocado, hard boiled eggs, bacon, diced chicken, smoked blue cheese, creamy white balsamic dressing
- Crunchy Cran-Orange Salad - Mandarin and blood oranges, fresh fennel, dried cranberries, local field greens, romaine, red cabbage, carrots, cucumbers topped with crispy chow mein noodles and sesame citrus vinaigrette
2 Jumbo Chocolate Chip cookies
2 Bottled Waters or Soft Drinks
** Split of wine can be added to any package for $8.00 or Local Beer for $6.00 each
About Our Chef: Yajan (Yaj) Upadhyaya
Yajan (Yaj) Upadhyaya was born in Mumbai, India, and made his way to Cincinnati via Boston. His culinary interests began at a young age when he helped his mother make family meals at home. He studied architecture initially, then moved on to study classic cooking techniques at Johnson and Wales University before opening Indian restaurants in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Manhattan.
He moved to Cincinnati in 2000 and opened Cumin in Hyde Park in 2002. His passion was focused on traditional Naan style, with hopes of changing how many in the region perceive Indian food. The restaurant acquired a devout following. Although he initially retired from the restaurant industry in 2015, he stayed active in the community while traveling the world and supporting the arts.
Yaj joined Cincinnati Art Museum’s culinary program as executive chef in early 2019. He has earned praise for his unique spin on CAM classics in the Terrace Café and for providing elevated cuisine for special events including wedding, corporate events and more.